Monday, July 4, 2022

Brandi Carlile Song Rankings

 We've been long time fans of Brandi Carlile, ever since the late 00's when she was a Seattle local. We've watched her career blossom from playing small stages to large amphitheaters, and we decided to sit down and rank her songs from "Awesome", then "Good", then "Meh" and then "Skip." These categories should be self explanatory, so I won't elaborate. I have comments for some of the songs. Just know that this was very hard, her whole catalogue is full of great stuff.



AWESOME:

!. The Story - Arguably her best song.

2. Raise Hell - This one gets the crowd going. Awesome song.

3. Hard Way Home - Perhaps a very underrated song of hers, one of the best if you ask me.

4. Rise Again - Another underrated song that not many people remember, but beautiful.

5. Losing Heart - Just wanna sing along. But my singing is terrible, so only when I am alone.

6. Before it Breaks - A beautiful song with a great thought, "Let it bend before it breaks." I like it.

7. Dreams - Another great early song.

8. Hold Out Your Hand - Sincerely catchy.

9. What Can I Say 

10. Turpentine - A fun one when done live

11. Broken Horses - Brandi's vocals in this one are bananas

12. Mama Werewolf - I love the sentiment of having your children there to ground you

13. That Wasn't Me - Off the Bear Creek album (their best one) 

14. Sinners Saints & Fools - A song about a good lesson to learn

15. 100 

16. Dying Day 

17. Wherever Is Your Heart - Sounds like a song that should've been on Bear Creek.

18. The Things I Regret 

19. Stranger At My Door - Has the coolest ending to a song ever

20. Fall Apart Again

21. Closer to You

22. Mainstream Kid

23. Throw It All Away

24. When You're Wrong


GOOD:

25. That Year

26. Someday Never Comes

27. In The Morrow

28. Right on Time

29. Late Morning Lullaby

30. A Promise To Keep

31. I'll Be There

32. Looking Out

33. Save Part of Yourself

34. Pride And Joy

35. Blood, Muscle, Skin, and Bone

36. Cannonball

37. Have You Ever

38. This Time Tomorrow

39. Alibi

40. Futon County Jane Doe

41. Shadow on the Wall

42. Touching the Ground

43. Sugartooth

44. I Belong To You

45. Caroline

46. Josephine

47. You And Me on The Rock

48. The Joke


MEH:

49. Follow

50. Gone

51. Keep Your Heart Young

52. Happy

53. Wilder (We're Chained)

54. Beginning to Feel the Years

55. Just kids

56. Downpour

57. The Mother

58. Throwin' Good After Bad

59. Until I Die

60. Oh Dear

61. Harder to Forgive

62. I Will

63. Every Time I Hear That Song

64. Most of All

65. Stay Gentle

66. Murder In The City

67. If There Was No You

68. Heroes & Songs

69. Whatever You Do


SKIP:

70. The Eye

71. Sixty Years On

72. Tragedy 

73. Letter To The Past

74. Party of One


I would also like to comment on Brandi's aesthetic now. I really miss her long brunette hair, her hipster Americana hats, her waistcoasts & vest. It really fit with her musical style.

Now, she looks like David Bowie, and I think it may be a mid-life crisis. She is still gorgeous as hell don't get me wrong, she just.. doesn't look like her music, and her music doesn't match the glitter & glam. 

Just my .02. Love you Brandi! See you in 2 days at Starlight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line

Story of the Fox

https://open.spotify.com/album/4F3jYh4DRFpZ7WPi1IiECS?si=XO9uydObQ6W7Bi0PmM-c3g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=326drCY5j3w&list=OLAK5uy...