Saturday, January 14, 2023

I Drink Too Much.. Too Much!!

So, I came down with a head cold last weekend. It started as a moderately painful sore throat, and then by the next day it was gone. Half the day went by, and I felt fine. Then BAM! Like a freight train my nose was running like crazy and I had a headache. This escalated into stuffy nose and cough craziness by the middle of the week, and now.. it's tamping itself down a little bit.
There was a problem, though. Thursday night/Friday morning around midnight I got up to use the bathroom and take more cold medicine. I'd been having a coughing fit in bed and didn't want to wake my mate, so I grabbed some cough medicine and drank - what I thought was a reasonable amount, i.e. a tablespoonful. It turns out I probably drank a cupful of the stuff without realizing it. 
Man I felt WEIRD that whole day and into the next day. It felt like I was tired and sleepy and wanted to sleep but too lazy and mellow to actually go do that, and it was hard to type on a computer keyboard, or hold a conversation, I was out of it. 
It wore off this morning, earlier, after I ran a mile on the treadmill. I think I had way too much of that stuff. I looked at the bottle and sure 'nough.. Dex. The damn bottle was filled with Dextromethorphan syrup.
I had done this once before though, you see.
I went to work once as a young lass, I think I was 20 or 21, during the Christmas rush at a grocery/everything store. I won't name it, but it was kind of like a Target.. anyway I was typically a cashier in the home dept, but they had me going into the attic and getting down more toys to stock in the toy dept. The stairs up there were so very narrow, I nearly fell 3 different times, because I had a head cold and had taken a cupful of cough syrup containing Dextromethorphan. Woops. I couldn't pick up change from the till (they put me back in at cashier later in the day), and everyone speaking sounded like they were speaking from a tin can. It was super weird. I felt really slow and molasses-like.
Anyway, I feel better now, just like a normal person. I think all of that wore off finally, I didn't realize it would take this long!
Anyway... it felt like this:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line

Story of the Fox

https://open.spotify.com/album/4F3jYh4DRFpZ7WPi1IiECS?si=XO9uydObQ6W7Bi0PmM-c3g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=326drCY5j3w&list=OLAK5uy...