Friday, January 8, 2021

Sweet Up & Down

 So Thursday we weighed & measured ourselves before the end of a 24 hour fast, and we were horrified. I gained 4 lbs, and inches everywhere. Today, we decided to try again after eating just to see if it is the same or worse - and we saw we'd both lost some of the weight we'd put on. Not all of it, but some. Not sure what is happening there. I don't see how we gained weight when we do 24-hour fasts two times a week, run 1 mile every morning, lift weights for 10 minutes, elliptical for 10 minutes, every morning, and intermittently throughout the day do ab exercises on the floor. What the ever living fuck!

I started running on the treadmill in February of 2020. I started out weighing 165 at that time. I got down to as low as 133 lbs (August or September) before now bouncing back up to 141. Sigh. October through December is bad because it's candy & yummy food&bev time. Then you spend the next 6 months working all of that off. But we continued our exercise throughout that whole period. In fact my mate has ran 1 mile every single day since Jan 2, 2014. Everyday. That is over 1000 days now.

I did not create a New Years resolution that has anything to do with physical health, because I'm more apt to put exercise & diet into a routine if there is less fake pressure to do so. Speaking of pressure, why is my blood pressure so high again more still?! What gives! Is it sodium? I try not to ingest much of that but let's face it - it's added to like, everything that goes into your mouth (except for fruit & vegetables I guess). It's been hovering right around 135/82 ish. The yellow zone. Not great.

In other news I let a co-worker friend listen to the music I made and he liked it which was really cool. I am never sure of it, it always sounds 'weird' or 'off' to me when I listen to what I created. I listen to myself quite frequently, but that's just because it takes me a while to figure out what I need to change or do differently. 

Been listening to a lot of Psybass (favorite artist in this style is Symbolico) and even Dubstep (favorite artist in this style is Bassnectar). I wish I knew how to make this kind of music. I don't understand the structure and timing of these genres, and how do you get such a deep, rich sub bass sound? Without over-doing it with the limiter? I might compress the bass too much and then it sounds flat. I tried a few hybrid-wobble-type weird tracks and they did not turn out well. 

I am currently drawing the album art. If it is in fact going to be an album. I don't think I could find any sort of label that would accept my eclectic style though. It would have to be a self release. My mate wants me to put my stuff up on Spotify. I don't know if it's THAT good though. We'll see what I do.

I would also mention the "storming of the US Capitol" that occurred Weds the 6th but that shit makes me so incredibly angry at humans. I think maybe that is why my blood pressure is so high lately. I am just an angry person marching around disliking my fellow mankind so much. So much! And the serious hypocrisy of BLM vs. Trumpers is just insane. I don't even want to get into it.

We'll see what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a line

Story of the Fox

https://open.spotify.com/album/4F3jYh4DRFpZ7WPi1IiECS?si=XO9uydObQ6W7Bi0PmM-c3g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=326drCY5j3w&list=OLAK5uy...